The cultural characteristics of Singapore


 Singapore is the smallest country in Southeast Asia but this country has the fastest growing economy in the region. Millions of visitors to Singapore each year. Let explore the unique culture of this beautiful Lion Island with us

 

 Singapore is a multi-racial and multi-cultural country


Although Singapore's area is only over 700 square kilometers, the economy of this country is growing very strong. Although the population is about 5.1 million people, the number of people with Singapore Nationality is only about 64%, the remaining 36% are foreigners working and living.
 

Singapore sets an example for the world on multiculturalism
Singapore sets an example for the world on multiculturalism
 

Another point is that among the total population of Singapore, 77% are Chinese, followed by Malay, Indian, Pakistani and Sri Lankan. Because of racial diversity that gives Singapore an unique culture

 

When traveling or learning or working in Singapore, you should pay attention to avoid offending the people here. For example, if you invite a Muslim friend to your home, in the meals, you need to avoid pork dishes, because the Muslims do not eat pork. Also, you should not invite them to drink alcohol.

 

The country has polite behavior

When traveling to Singapore, you should learn the habits, customs, habits and culture in Singapore. You need to find out how to shake hands, the customs to walk, talk to be the most suitable when communicating with the people here.
 

Singapore's culture is a unique and harmonious blend of different races, religions and traditions.
Singapore's culture is a unique and harmonious blend of different races, religions and traditions.
 

In Singapore, if you act with your index finger to point to another person or clench your fist or middle finger, it is considered disrespectful. Note that you should not take such actions because it will make the others feel uncomfortable and cause aversion to the people living there. Also, you should not have hands-on actions on your side, because this shows anger. So you need to really pay attention to limit those bad habits.

 

One of the main things to keep in mind when you come to Singapore is the use of chopsticks. When having some meals you should not put chopsticks on the bowl or food plate
 

 Singapore is known for its impeccable cleanliness and low crime rate
Singapore is known for its impeccable cleanliness and low crime rate
 

Singapore is a country famous for its cleanliness

Cleanliness will be one of the most the amazing thing in this country. According to the World Tourism Organization, Singapore is considered one of the cleanest countries, just behind Tokyo in Japan. When you come here, you will find everything is neat and orderly and almost everywhere is covered with a fresh green color.

 

Specially, you shoul pay attention to  smoking in public places in Singapore because it will be severely punished, about 500 dollars Sing. The smoking prohibition currently covers all indoor places where the public congregates. Moreover, chewing gum is banned in Singapore so you need leave it at home when packing your bags.





Bali Beach, Beaches in Bali, Where to See in Bali, Bali Beach Attractions, Beauty of Beaches in Bali, Bali Beutiful Beaches